Senior Systems Administrator
Official Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Department: System Solutions
Reports to: CTO
As a Sr. Systems Administrator, you have a leading role in maintaining and expanding the technical environment needed for the operation and development of CampusDoor's (CD) platform. You'll work within a small team to provide the technical expertise necessary for timely identification and resolution of network, server or desktop related issues.
You thrive on solving technical challenges and have a proven history of designing and implementing creative solutions using Windows server, Windows desktop and various network devices. You're a self-starter, communicate effectively and you're comfortable explaining technical concepts to non-technical people.Who we are
- We are the nation’s leading originator of private student loans. We're a "fintech" company and part of the Blackstone portfolio.
- We value character, free thinking and work ethic. We choose working together over hierarchies.
- We care about family and work-life balance and offer flexible work arrangements, including work from home.
- We are professional, but casual. Jeans are fine.
- Day-to-day operations of servers, desktops and network.
- Design, implement and maintain new hardware and/or software solutions.
- Maintain systems and network security.
- Ensure continued compliance of servers, desktops and networks with CD policies.
- Coordinate maintenance and upgrades
- Interact with CD users, clients and vendors.
- Serve as the escalation point for internal user support as needed.
- Responsibilities may require after hours and weekend work.
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related field or equivalent years of experience required.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a Windows environment.
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Good working knowledge of concepts such as Routing, VLAN, Redundancy, Load Balancing, Clustering, Packet Capture, IDS/IPS, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, WMI, etc.
- Office/Microsoft 365 experience is a definite plus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by the manager.
Ready to join us?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No resume? Send us an email. We'd like to get to know YOU. Tell us about what experience you bring and what you'd like to do next.